August 14, 2005

Blackberry Picking

So Punkin decided today that he wants a blackberry pie, made fresh by ... your's truly.

I tried to convince him that wasn't possible, considering I needed to wash my hair tonight, but he insisted and refused to eat another thing until I made it. Not that he's a skinny guy, by any stretch of the imagination, but I worry that he's going to have food issues one day, since I can't cook to save my life. He is Latino after all.

I did go berry picking today, with the assistance of my lovely mom who is the most gung-ho, die-hard berry picker I've met. We stocked up her car with plastic chairs (to reach the high-up ones), a cardboard box (to lay across the thorns so you can lean into the bushes to reach the ones further in) and not 1, not 2, but THREE plastic bags to carry them in.

But then I got hungry, so after about 1 hour of picking we ditched the thorns and went to In-N-Out.

And Punkin always eats burgers, so I'm off the hook until tomorrow.

No comments: