August 19, 2005

Rosco is Just the Cutest

Looking down the hall I can see him, snuggled up with his lamb-wool squeaky toy (which has lately been the object of his most animalistic desires.....must get him snipped) just watching me....not moving.

And I know that the second I shift my leg or look out the window, or make the slightest vocalization, he will come streaking down the hall (holding his toy no less, and therefore slightly hobbling in a gimpish sort of way, and on a diagonal path) and catapult himself onto my lap.

He may hit the keyboard tray, or the file cabinet on his way, but he may not.

He may be running so fast that he slides off my lap and drags down the wall, but he may not.

Chances are he'll jump two, maybe three times with the toy in his mouth, then sit on the floor next to my chair looking confused. It is worth it to sacrafice the toy to get some snuggles from mom? And as I watch his little brain tick, he in turn cocks his head to the side as if thinking from another angle.

And in a split second, he's made up his mind. he jumps on my lap, plants his two front paws on my chest and commences to clean any last remnant of dinner off my face. Maybe chews my hair a little bit, then lays down, rolls on his back, and blinks his googly little brown eyes at me waiting for some scratches.


He knows exactly how to make me forget he just crapped on my favorite red sandals from Brazil.....


No comments: