August 1, 2007

Twinkle Twinkle

I was sitting outside last night, looking into the sky and wishing for a sign.

I've been feeling religiously stuck lately, and I want to get back to the innate feeling of being surrounded by God like I used to, but I don't know how. I really wanted a cash-sign, like a winning lotto ticket (even though I don't play) or a huge inheritance (but I don't have any rich relatives).

As I was staring out over the fence line, admiring the beautiful old oak trees on my hill I noticed a single star shining through the cloud cover. I stood up and searched the rest of the sky, but there were no other stars in view. It was before 8pm, and the sky was still fairly bright, so I sat outside for about 15 more minutes contemplating a recent decision P and I made.

No other stars were showing.

And I'm going to take this as a sign that I'm not going against my faith, that God is okay that I'm covering my bases. I need something, and the only way I can find it right now is through Taryn, and I think God understands that.

No comments: