February 5, 2008

Top Heavy

I was downstairs doing dishes last night when I heard a loud thump upstairs. Thinking it was Jojo banging around again, I looked at P and asked, "What the f*** was that?"

He, in all his smart-ass glory, commented that maybe she fell this time. I dropped the dishes I was cleaning and ran up the stairs, taking them two at a time. Just as I was getting to the top of the stairs, I saw Boogie's little hand curled around the edge of the door, pulling it open while the other hand rubbed at her eyes. She looked at me and just said "Mommy" with tears streaming down her face.

When P got upstairs about a minute later, I was kneeling on the floor with her, rocking her back and forth as I searched her little body head to toe for any sign of injury, but I think she was just shaken up more than anything.

So we brought her in our room, the daring jump had given her some energy, and as soon as she got over the shock of hitting the floor, she was up laughing and playing like nothing had happened. We figured that she had probably stepped on her doll and her ginormous head caused her to fall over the rail on her crib.

All day today, I was at once mortified that she had jumped out of her crib, and at the same time laughing that her head probably weighs enough to cause her whole body to fly along after it. I do hope she scared herself badly enough not to try that again though...

No comments: