August 13, 2005

Budgeting Sucks

I found a really awesome bedroom set that I want to buy at a huge discount, but Punkin said no. Evidently he thinks I should pay off my current credit cards before I start charging again. I always thought I was the rational, logical, money-wise person in this marriage, but I guess when it comes to furniture I become just a tad irrational. But it's 50% off, and made of solid wood, and the bed is low enough that the puppies can jump up and down without shredding the sheets with their nails holding on for dear life and trying to crawl up two mattresses and a bed frame.

*sigh*

It really is beautiful. So I'm trying to pay off my debt (now less than $4k (not including school loans, or course)) before Christmas so I can buy the set before I spend another $4k on Christmas presents this year. It's a vicious cycle, yes it is.

I've come up with a budget that works, thanks to this awesome new job, and I'll be debt-free by December 1st! Yay for me! That extra $600 per month sure does a body good, and my house will FINALLY have painted walls, furniture not bought off craigslist.org, and I can fix the kickers that the puppies chewed to hell last month. Oh, and fix the hole in the wall in the laundry room where they tried to dig a tunnel to freedom. Little fuckers. This house is only 1 year old, and I'm having to replace, patch, repaint and wallpaper already.

Having kids will probably be hell too...

No comments: