November 20, 2006

Month Five

Cheeks!!

As I sit down to write this tonight, I can hear yuou in your crib babbling away to your little stuffed duckie, and the mobile with teh birds and apples on it. Although I love how you can amuse yourself now, so that I can actually get work done during the day, I am having a hell of a time getting you to sleep! I mean, of course you'll be knocked out when I hold you, you'd sleep though a nuclear war as long as you're in my arms, but the minute I put you down in your crib, you are wide awake adn chipper, and ready to play!

You've also mastered rolling over in the past couple weeks, back to front, and front to back, so the old trick of puttin gyou down on your side doesn't really work anymore. I lay you down to sleep, and when you wake up to eat, your body is in a completely different part of the crib. You've also started creeping towards windows, you've got a fascination with being out and about, and I love that I can take you anywhere now without worrying about melt-downs. Which is very good, considering you'll be on your first airplane in a couple days to see your Nonny's family in Kentucky for Thanksgiving.

I just got up to get you. What an interesting feeling that I'm holding you while I type a letter to you at the same time. You smell so sweet, like lavender and milk. Your little head is resting against my chestand you're here swatting at my hands and grunting at Rosco who is sitting a few feet away. You look so cute when you yawn, your eyes scrunched up tight and your little mouth as wide open as it will go. And the wrinkles on your neck like a little old lady are too adorable for works. I especially love when you look up, stretching your neck to see something above or behind you, and with your gums clenched your cheeks pop out and you look like Popeye. Aside from all the drool, of course.

One of my favorite things to do it watch you explore a new toy. The look of rapture on your face reminds me of the simple pleasures in life, and the innate joy in learning. Darling, I wish that you would retain that, that you would treasure life's mysteries and unravel those things that command your attention. When you put your mind to it, even at this young age you are able to accomplish so much!

I love you so much more than I ever thought possible. My sweet Angel.

Love, Mommy

No comments: