November 17, 2006

Ouch!

I pulled a back muscle today.

Wish I could say it was from something good, like rough sex, or skydiving, or.... anything exciting. But I'm a dork. And I did it sitting down on my exercise ball, of all FN things, while I was nursing Taryn.

This sucks.

But what's going to suck even more is if it isn't healed up by the time we fly to KY. 6 hours on a plane with a stiff neck and sore back? Damn...

I'm pretty sure flying with Taryn will suck regardless. She's a sensitive baby, and any changes to her schedule or surroundings can throw her into a hissy-fit. Not that she's a screamer anymore, but the girl fusses like no other, and it breaks my heart to see her so helpless and unhappy.

But anyway.

We're dealing with her carseat too. I'm pretty sure there will be no extra seats on the flight, since we're leaving the day before Thanksgiving, and I want to just stick it in a box and check it as luggage.

Unfortunately, Mom has other ideas. She swears up and down we should bring it on the plane, and let them gate-check it for us. But really, what's the point of that? It's not like she'll be sitting in it in the airport. Or on the plane. Especially because we aren't bringing her stroller. So why even deal with getting it through security?

I hate arguing with that woman. She's so insistent on her own POV, it drives me nuts.

*sigh*

No comments: