November 22, 2006

Second Annual "Thank Your First Commenter" Day

So, Citizen of the Month (www.citizenofthemonth.com) has started this whole "Thank Your First Commenter" Day. In honor of this day, I want to thank Teresa, aka TeaPot aka Humpty Dumpty, for her first comment on a post I wrote about a party I had at my house.

Okay, well, technically, she wasn't the first commenter. The first was some spammer guy who said something like "Cool Blog, check out mine at www.........blahblah." But I deleted it. Actually, I had two of those that I deleted, but, whatever.

And now that I look back at the comment, I seem to remember that she posted it waaaay after I wrote it, b/c I was pretty pregnant by then, had maybe even had the baby, and I wrote the blog a couple weeks after I got knocked up. Ooops.

So maybe that wasn't my first. But she still posted the next one after that on ... July 11th, 2006. Hot damn, first comments springing up a whole YEAR after I started blogging. Ain't that a damn shame.

So the first real-time comment was:

Are you serious you put formula in the smashed potatoes? Wow I thought you mgiht have put some other kind of milk in them, if you know what I mean. I hope to hear from you soon, since you never pick up the phone. I sound like you when I say that. :) Tell Taryn and P that I said hello.


Tee-hee-hee. I posted about making mashed potatoes with formula b/c I was out of milk. They were actually pretty good!

Happy Thanksgiving all! I'm off to KY to rediscover my roots!

And thank you Tere for being my first commenter!

(And for taking care of the babies while I'm gone.)

No comments: