January 31, 2007

Full Day, Time for a Blog Break

I wasn't really early for work today at all, but I had to pump right when I got here because Ms. Perky was about to erupt like a milk-filled volcanoe, and that would be messy during an intake. Not to mention a touch embarassing, but, problem averted.

But I didn't get my first intake until 8:45, and it was empty. No app, nothing. Just a Fact Sheet. So I literally did every single step of the intake myself that reception ususally takes care of, which isn't hard, just time consuming.

Yeah, so then I kind of, but-not-really broke the damn copy machine, which in and of itself is nothing unusual, but it just happened to be when the other one was occupied and my supervisor was standing next to me waiting to use it, and another GMO worker was waiting as well. And I heard later I turned a touch pink, maybe not beet-red like in the past, but noticeably ... embarrassed? Distressed? Who knows. I ended up just turning the fricking thing off and back on to get it working again. Joy.

But what was with the comment about "Oh, people besides intake workers need to use the copy machine too." Yeah, okay. First off, I was the only intake worker there. Second, I know fuck-all about copy machines, so I'm doing my best to get done, you know. And third, shut the hell up, because you're not even next in line anyway!

So then I had a client applying for food stamps, and me, in my haste this morning forgot to eat breakfast, and I felt like a jerk-off when my stomche started grumbling like an old man after eating a can of beans. I was hoping to hell she thought I had the BG's and not that I was hungry, considering her present situation.

Then when I finally got back to my office(about 45 minutes later than normal) I had an email from P saying I needed to give him $790 today for Johana to get her plane ticket, and her visa, and health insurance, so that she could be on a plan on 2/18 to come watch Taryn.

I was just a touch out of sorts, so I wasn't able to pump much. I mean, it was enough, just no leftovers, ya dig?

And of course, when I get home at lunch and try to relax, eat a nice home-cooked (well, microwaved leftovers, but I can dream right?) meal, snuggle with my baby, I get a call that La Tia has a doctor's appointment, and can my mom drop off the baby late today? To which I have to say no, because Nonny works early today, and that's why she drops the baby off a little early every Wednesday, and then there's a language-barrier-miscommunication which eventually gets worked out but which in the meantime has zapped my time, and I'm off to work again to figure out a self-employment case (which is not hard, just very detailed, and again, quite time-consuming) and...

*whew*

It's only 2:45, and it's just been a full day so far. Thank Goddess I don't have to drive to Petaluma tonight.

And thank the other Goddess of beer I've got a San Miguel waiting at home for me.

No comments: