January 30, 2007

Possessed by the Flu

Ohmigod.

Normally in the morning Taryn is chipper and smiling and laughing and everything, and yeah, I know she's sick with her little runny nose and sneezing and her eyes are puffy from god-knows-what, maybe allergies, maybe from not sleeping well, but I've never seen her so angry in my life.

I was walking around the house with her this morning since she was fussing whenever I put her down, and just waiting for my mom to show up and amuse her so I could finish getting ready.

I walked over to the mirror by the door like I often do, to play with her and point out her pretty little nose, and her beautiful pouty lips, her gorilla-ish ears (she got from her Papa), and her beautiful exotic-looking eyes. But when we reached the mirror she took one look at her self, screamed an angry, pained scream, and flailed her arm so hard she smacked me in the chin and left a small red mark.

Ohmigod.

No comments: