January 2, 2007

Happy 2007 !

I was a bit overexcited with it being 2007 yesterday. I mean, I'm really stoked that it's a new year, and though I kind of feel like this every new year, I'm still thinking this one will be special.

So early yesterday morning, I got up with the baby to eat, have some coffee, and generally dick-around until P woke up. But, like ususal, he didn't want to get up on the early side of noon, so after coaxing the dogs to lick his face (which will often do the trick), jumping on the bed and generally being a pain-in-the-ass, I resorted to a low-down trick to wake his arse up.

I grabbed the baby, set her on a precarious angle accross his chest (while still holding her lightly, in case he didn't grab her in time to prevent a spill to the laminate floors) and said in my sweetest baby voice "Good Morning Papa. Happy New Years, I was some besas!" *

And as she lowered her face to his(really more to eat his nose than anything), he did grab onto her, opened his eyes ... and got spit up all over his forehead, which dripped quickly into his eyes and dangerously close to his mouth! Ooops. I suppose I should have burped her more after I fed her.

And then of course the dogs jumped up on the bed and tried to lick it all off (gross) and I was laughing too hard at the shocked look on his face and Taryn laughing to get him a towel to wipe it off. He was a good sport about it though, laughed a bit while I cleaned off his face, played with the baby while I changed his pillowcase, and even gave me some besas before he went back to sleep.

Tee-hee-hee. So Happy New Year to everyone. Hope yours didn't start out with baby vomit in your face!



* Okay, so if you don't know Spanish, it doesn't really matter, but the correct translation for kisses is besos. I don't quite recall how or why I started saying besas instead, but after 6 years, it just stuck.

No comments: