January 9, 2007

Working Mother

Well, yesterday was my first day as a working mother. Interesting. I'm not sure if I can continue on a schedule like this, I mean ... wow.

5:15am - Woke up to Taryn crying. Went to feed her, which took about 20 minutes since she was still half asleep. After that, I put her in the bed with P, because I figured she'd fall right back to sleep, and really, there was no point in me lying in bed for 45 minutes when I had so much to do.

5:35am - Went downstairs to make some coffee, emptied the dishwasher, fed the dogs and the cat, and cleaned up the house a bit. I also filled up a couple bottles for Taryn, re-stocked her diaper bag, and got all my goodies ready for work.

6:00am - Hopped on the internet and caught up on all the blogs I haven't read in forever.

6:45am - Washed my face, brushed the pearly whites, put my paint on and got dressed.

7:00am - Got Taryn up and fed her again, then played until my mom showed up at 7:40 and I left for work.

8:00-12:00 - Worked a little bit, gossiped a bit more, pumped once...

12:00-12:45pm - Went home to nurse Taryn, made a BLT for lunch. Packed her up to go to her aunt's in Petaluma, then back to work.

1:00-4:30pm - Worked a lottle more, gossiped a lot more, pumped again.

4:50pm - Arrived in Petaluma to pick her up, nursed, talked with La Tia a while to give her a few tricks with Taryn, arranged a few things, you know, mommy stuff.

5:35pm - Back home. Did the dishes, then gave Taryn a bath, lotioned her up, put her in some pjs.

6:10pm - Right when I finished, P got home with dinner (In-N-Out ... Shut up. It's a treat for me since I eat at home every day for lunch and dinner). Tag-teamed the eating and holding Taryn bit. Nursed again, snuggled a bit more.


7:15pm - Taryn to sleep. Put on a movie "The Departed." I really wasn't impressed.

9:00pm - Will showed up. Flippe dout on P for a second when the dogs started barking. Did dishes, and straightened up a bit.

9:35pm - Finished the movie. Had to take a break to nurse in the middle, I don't think it was 2 hours long.

9:45pm - Hopped in the shower.

10:00pm - Lotioned up. Went downstairs for water, got my stuff ready for work the next day.

10:25pm - Nighty Night.

And then I was up again at 6:00 this morning.

*whew*

This will last maybe a week before I start with the after-work naps.

No comments: