August 14, 2007

Sometimes it Would Hurt Less to be Jaded

I didn’t know him, not really. I knew a lot about him, I knew where he lived and how much he earned. I knew his account balances and his medical history, but nothing that really mattered. I didn’t know his favorite color, of anything about his family.

I did know that he was dying, and now he is dead.

How can I shed tears for someone I didn’t know? I can grieve for the loss of life, he was young, and kind, but the weight pressing down on my chest is nothing in comparison to his mother hearing her child is gone. Or his lover losing his best friend.

People make immature decisions early in life. People are often uninformed, and in his case, the lack of information cost him his life. Twenty years of pain, I just pray he’s in a better place now.

Rest in Peace.

No comments: