November 7, 2007

It's Not Green Enough on This Side Either!

It's quiet right now... too quiet.

Most morning I have a chance to get up early I enjoy, nay savor, the quiet. The house doesn't creak, there is no tap-tap-taptaptaptap from the dogs running up an down the stairs, or the click of Tygir's misplaced knee joint. Which by the way has healed very nicely, and she barely limps at all anymore.

Those mornings when I can get up early in the dark, grab a cup of coffee, check up on blogs, gaze at my husband sleeping open-mouth, with a small pool of drool under his cheek, those were the mornings I lived for when I was on maternity leave and up seven times each night to feed that crazy monkey-child they gave me at the hospital.

But now I miss the noise. I'm used to Boogie sitting on my lap at the computer, looking at pictures of animals at the Zoo while I put my face lotion on, the dogs waking up, stretching and begging for water, my husband doing his whale-roll and making the bed creak like an old man running a marathon.

It's too quiet.

P left for LA this morning at 3, and Boogie hasn't yet started calling for leche. I was feeling a little down, so I put on some Christmas jingles and started singing Motown Christmas songs. And as soon as I finish this, I'll go get Boogie so we can dance a bit before I'm off for work again.

Complain Fast!

No comments: