May 27, 2008

Kick, Baby.... KICK!

So, my figlet is now a tennis ball, or some equally odd size-comparison. Maybe a jumbo shrimp, or a longanista, or.... half eaten Snickers bar? Whatever (she) resembles, 3 inches is about the length now, and I would compare her to an unecxited male organ, but that just seems wrong on too many levels.

I was sitting in a booooring meeting today, not the Union one, because they at least serve pizza there (yay!) but a nit-pick one, where the old-timers show just how much they don't know about the programs they are working on. And I'm talking basic, basic info here.

So anyway, I'm bored, sipping my hippy water while the Help Desk guy explains things I'm flabbergasted that people will actually admit to not knowing. Stuff I learned my first week in training. Stuff you see everyday, deal with every day, and should be able to explain in your sleep.

Maybe because I was so uninterested, I started to notice a little gurgle-bubble rumbling in my tummy. Not up high like indigestion, and not down low like I'm going to have to take a walk down the hall where nobody is sitting, but right in the bladder-ish area where bubbles don't form. (Okay, where normal bladders are, mine is shoved deep down where no bladder has dared to go before....)

And I realized, My figlet was dancing! 3 inches of uncontrollable reflexes doing the jig at 13 weeks, this is what I've been waiting for. Real live proof that I'm knocked up, and God, I miss the feeling so much! The sickness is mostly at bay (for the last few days, anyway) and my pouch is growing, and best of all, the kid is kicking!

That's all. No touching unitl at least 24 weeks, okay?

;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that things haven't changed around the oficina, ha ha.

Yay for figlet!

Now, is there something I missed, as you referred to figlet as "she"...?