May 22, 2008

Bad News, and Something Good Too

Well, the Mazda crapped out.

I knew it was bound to happen eventually, I've been incredibly lucky with mt repair record for the last 9 years, pretty much oil changes and tune-ups, tires, but nothing out of the ordinary so far. Late last week, the "check engine" light came on, and I was planning to drop it off soon at the repair shop to check it out, but, it didn't make it that long. I think she was angry that I was eyeballing other cars.

Wednesday morning P called me to say it kept stalling out and he got a ride to work from the neighbor. This morning we tried to drop it off, him driving and me following in the Camry, but it only made it about 1/4 mile, and we had to call a tow truck.

So, we'll see. I don't even know when they will have a chance to look at it, or how much more this little clunker is going to cost me.

P had to drop me off at work this morning, 2 hours before he has to be at work. He woke up early, got ready in 15 minutes, met the tow-truck guy, then came back to my job so I could drop him off at work and take the car to see Boogie at lunch.

Then, he validated my parking and bought me breakfast. What a doll.

No comments: