January 6, 2009

Effective Disciple?

Boogie has been a bit out of control lately, steadily wading through her terrible twos, and I have to keep reminding myself that this is completely normal. And also not to laugh too much. Her favorite thing now is saying "I can't do it" when I ask her to clean up after herself or do something, like bring me a tissue.

The other day I asked her to pick up her blocks after she dumped them on the floor and walked away. It was time to take a nap and she was being defiant, sprawled across the bench of her table moaning like I had asked her to pick me up and carry me up the stairs.

"I can't Mom, I'm too tired."

So I told her I'd take them away if she didn't help me pick them up, and she says, "Okay, can I go to sleep now?"

As if that wasn't cute enough, the next morning we moved her kitchen and found a couple of the blocks that I had missed putting away the day before. She picks them up, walks over to me with her hand out and says "Put these away too, Mom."

No comments: