July 28, 2006

Cute Baby Trick #2

(The first cute trick, in case you missed it, was taryn blowing raspberries at the dogs. I'm not sure if she liked them licking her face or not....)

So, Taryn in just too adorable. I have to get the out of the way.

She learned to stick her tounge out, sort of on command. We were playing around after nursing on Wednesday evening, and I kept sticking my tounge out at her, because she made the cutest crinkly face when I was doing it. Pretty son, when I stuck mine out, she'd stick her dinky little tounge out, right back at me.

I'm so proud!

On a similar note, she also smiled at me, for real, for the first time yesterday. I didn't think I'd recognize the difference, but her eyes get all squinty when she smiles socially because her cheeks are so chunky. My baby girl.

And these milestones got me thinking, babies have the brains of dogs.

Because a dog thinks, but doesn't know he's thinking, and can't really think about thinking. And babies do the same. I'm sure Taryn thinks, like when she's hungry or smiles because she's happy, she's thinking "I'm hungry," but she doesn't know that she is thinking.

So if "I think, therefore I am" are you if you don't know you are?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that that last comment question and everything in between.
The first time I really knew Julia knew I was her Mommy and trusted me was when she was 10 days old. I was holding her and standing at the service desk at K-Mart in Pikeville. She wasn't crying or anything, but I looked down at her and smiled while I was waiting for my refund (or exchange, I really can't remember because nothing else mattered at that point). All of the sudden, she smiled back and me, and her little eyes twinkled under those store lights. It was at that moment I knew; I just knew, and I have carried that memory for almost 21 years now. It was also that memory that gave me the strength to make some of the lifestyle changes I have made recently; didn't know it then, but that child rescued ME and still does.