July 27, 2006

So Mediocre

I'm really am. So incredibly average.

I got my yearly review from work the other day. My supervisor had nothing bad to say. But then again, he didn't really have anything super-positive to say either, except that I had excellent attendance, and the same old, "It's been my pleasure working with you." Yeah, like everyone else in the world.

Not that I expect him to say I'm the best EW he's ever trained (that title, obviously, goes to the one and only SueBob), but I worked my ass off for the last year, and it'd be nice to get some recognition of that.

The story of my life.

I do my best at most things, especially at work. For my age, I'd say my work ethic is much stronger than most other folks under 30. I never call in sick, unless I am unconscious, or on my way there. I work hard to learn what I need to do, and I "encourage" those around me to do the same. And once I know what I need to do, and have the tools to do it, I take the initiative to get my shit done, and usually get other people's shit done too. So WTF?

Maybe I need to be more flamboyant. To let everyone know when I am going above and beyond, so I can get some recognition for it. Yeah, right. It's the same thing in personal relationships. I'm always there, always helping, always doing more than I'm asked, but rarely thanked for it. Shit.

Maybe if I wasn't so damn gorgeous, people would forget me entirely? :)

At least I have that going for me. But to be honest, I'd probably be perpetually blushed if I got more attention. I kind of like being on the sidelines, knowing that I should be the one receiving kudos instead of so-and-so kiss-ass. Gives me a reason to resent the world.

But wait!

Kissing ass??

Nope, not my style. At all. For any reason.

Sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I once wrote a paper in college that was entitled, "Nice Guys Finish Last (But At Least They Finish). At the time, my college Math teacher inspired me to write it and was currently married to my English teacher for whom I wrote the paper. 18 years later, they are now divorced but not for his lack of trying; he was also Julia's volleyball coach in high school and is still one of my best friends; he also was also just hired here in Lexington at a bigger school and has just bought his first house. He is not one to boast but maybe bitch every now and then like, maybe, you or I, but I would rather associate with the people like that than the arrogant asses who spend all their time telling you what they do instead of just doing it. FYI: Probably most people would agree. Hang in there; I notice and appreciate people like you, and so does your boss; he just can't tell you how much because you're so damn pretty!