November 13, 2006

Being "Good" Takes Effort

For me at least.

I've always admired those people who seem to be genuinely nice, those people who hold open doors for you, and say "please" and "thank you" without a second thought.

Now, I consider myself super-consciencious. When I see something that can be done to help someone else, I do it without asking, and without expecting anything in return, but although I am constantly helping others, I also get really frustrated with people who seem oblivious to the rest of the world.

Like people who park in the middle of two parking spaces at Trader Joes.

Or the B who ran over my heels three flippin' times in a row at BB&B the other day.

People like that irk me to no end, and it's not because they do stupid things, it's because they do stupid things with no regard for anyone else. I don't care if you're going to drive 90 mph on the freeway at 4am when it's mostly empty, but don't even think about it when I'm driving my daughter somewhere.

Anyway, my point is, it takes alot of effort on my part to not let those kinds of people ruin my day. And I don't know why it pisses me off so much, I know it's not personal, but I don't get why some folks just think they can do whatever they want and not think about who they might be affecting.

And I know I do dumb shyte sometimes, and I know that in a lot of situations I have to really watch what I say and do so that I don't piss off other people, but I do it. And if I can, you should be able to also.

No comments: