November 12, 2006

I Know, I'm a Dork

I sent out a few emails yesterday to some fellow bloggers whose blogs I read regularly. I'd never had a blogroll before, and I wasn't really sure if you just link to people, or you need to get permission first, or what. Seems to me it's the polite thing to do, to at least let someone know that you're associating them with your own blog, but I guess no such etiquette exists. Still, they were all really nice in their replies, and I'm sure they think I'm a dork. Well, I am, no worries.

In other news, I updated my page too. I finally went over to Beta, so I figured a less-dark theme might get my crappy mood out of the gutter, at least for a little bit, so maybe I'll find something amusing to write in the coming weeks.

I really thought this NaBloPoMo thing would be a lot harder, but I love to write, regardless of if I'm good at it or not, and I think that when this ends, I will really try to keep posting daily. I'm sure it won't happen, especially without the added incentives, but I'm getting in the habit of making time, and I'll be off work for a while longer, so hopefully I can keep it up.

Oh, we went shopping at Bed, Bath, and Beyond yesterday. I picked up a lot of Christmas presents, a carpet for the bedroom, a new little cordelss sweeper, a Van Gough print, just a lot of stuff I was wanting and too broke to get. But I saved $87 with Erika's coupon, so I'm stoked. It's so much easier to get presents when you have no money, and everyone knows you have no money, so it really goes with the thought, not the price of the gift. And we got our new garbage can! It's so pretty, red steel, semi-circle... I love it.

2 comments:

Brandon said...

I just read your email, and thought I would reply in your comments. When I first started blogging, people would send me emails asking about linking to me, but it's been a while. There's no rule about contacting someone before linking to her/him as far as I know, but it's awfully nice of you to do so.

And yes, it makes you a huge dork. But you know, none of us would do this if we weren't all dorks. Well except me. I'm the cool one.

Anonymous said...

I really hope that you do continue to write on a daily basis, I'm sure that you'll find other incentives for yourself. Shopping was definitely fun, hope we get to do at least a little bit again. Can't wait to decorate for Christmas. I'm glad you love your garbage can.