January 17, 2007

Already a Good Samaritan

P, Taryn and I were sitting on the couch this evening, I had just fed her, and I was cuddling before she got tired enough for me to put her in her crib. She had her binkie in her mouth, and was taking it out, adn putting it back in, smacking it on her forehead, P's arm, and my chin, then putting it back in her mouth.

Since she didn't seem to really need to suck on it, I started making a smacking sound with my mouth, and asked her "Can Mommy try your binkie?" And to my astonishment, the little bugger actually tried to put her binkie in my mouth!

She tried a couple times but wasn't actually able to get the nipple in, probably because I was laughing too hard and since she was lying on my stomach, she was sort of bouncing up and down. Then she stuck the binkie back in her mouth, and when I made that smacking sound again, she kept trying to put it back in my mouth. I was so proud my little Duckie is already a generous baby.

So after that, she laid her head down for a little while, spaced out watching Rosco lick his foot, then all of a sudden stuck her hand out, binkie attached, and tried to put it into Rosco's mouth! She tried a couple times, but he didn't take it, and yeah, we were cracking up to see her try to offer her prized binkie to anyone who would take it. What a sweet girl...

No comments: