January 19, 2007

I Have Issues with the Dishwasher (Revived from Myspace)

Most people think I have some weird obsession with not letting people do dishes at my house. What it really is, most people do it wrong and I get stuck fixing it later.

P-Dely, for example, doesn't get the concept of putting the dishes in straight, and separating dinner plates on the bottom, from glasses and bowls on top. This causes me to have to re-arrange the damn dishes every time he puts dishes in (which has been like 10 times since we've had a dishwasher. I think he gets that he's doing something wrong, but can't figure out what), so that I can fit more than three plates and six bowls in before turning it on.

On the other hand, my mom crams so many fricking dishes in that the water sprayer thing doesn't come up and hence the damn dishes don't get cleaned. No offense to her, because her eyesight isn't what it used to be, but there's crap left on the dishes. So then I have to unload half of them, run the dishwasher, empty it, then load the rest in a do it all over again.

And of course, there's Jeff. My lovely, super-extra-more-anal-than-I-could-ever-stand-to-be brother. He refuses to use the dishwasher at all, and will clean every single dinner plate, cup, bowl, fork, knife, pot and pan by hand. Something about it not being sanitary, I think. But then I just feel bad, so I can't let him do it either.

See, so it's not really about me being weird, it's everyone else, right? I seem to be the only one who knows how to do it right, so that's why I insist that you put the plates down and don't start washing. It's not that after cleaning the house, making drinks for everyone, and preparing dinner that I really, really want to do the dishes, it's just simpler that way.

Less stress. Because stress is bad for the baby...

No comments: