January 20, 2007

Month Seven

Time has flown by so fast, and no month has gone by faster than this one. If I remember, a month ago you didn't exactly always get the binkie into your mouth correctly, and now you're a pro at picking it up, sticking it in so you can chew on it a bit, and even offering it to me and the puppies! You're cutting your third tooth now too, and pretty soon you'll have a mouth full of pearly whites to show off in those adorable smiles.

I think the biggest change in you has been the blossoming personality. You know your name and respond to it, and your sense of humor is in it's own little world. I see you look at something, like someone wearing glasses, or grab a handful of someone's hair, and just start cracking up for no other reason. You've also become quite ticklish, you laugh in your sleep if I give you a kiss behind your ears, and double over in body-shaking chuckles when I tickle your arms, legs and feet. The cutest though is when you lift up your arms so I'll will pick you up, and nuzzle my cheeck when you're sleepy.

Speaking of sleep, you have turned into an amazing sleeper in the past couple weeks, going anywhere from 8-10 hours straight without waking up to nurse. And bathtime has turned into a circus too, with you kicking and splashing the water, playing with your duckies, and chewing on the faucet. And you get genuinely angry when it's time to get out, kicking and shrieking until you're all bundled up in your towel and bouncing along up the stairs to get your jammies on. I wish I could say the solids were going as well. You've gone from a reluctant eater to a picky little thing, only opening your mouth for oatmeal and peaches. Sometimes you'll let us spoon in something new, but it'll be interesting to see if you develope a taste for banans and apples, because right now, you refuse to let them past your pouty little lips.

Since I've been back at work, you've spent half the day with your Nonny, and half with your Tia.You seem to do very well without me, a fact that I'm grateful for, and also a touch sad about, but I'm happy you are having fun and developing relationships with both. I do wish though, that you would take a nap, just once, for longer than 15 minutes at la Tia's house. Then we could stay up later and play.

So my Love, my wish for you this month is that you always find humor in life, and keep your strong preferences. Being a push-over never helped anyone in the long run, and deep down inside we all know what we really want and like, I hope you never lose touch with yourself.

You're sitting in my lap now, playing with a bottle of Tylenol. Probably not the best toy, but it was close by and child-preef, and you really seem to like it. I just hope I'm not priming you for a pill-addiction later in life.

I love you,
Mommy

No comments: