January 3, 2007

Not Really So Bad

I went back to work today half expecting to end up in tears before lunch, but it wasn't as bad as I expected. The day passed fairly quickly, and I even got situated a bit in my office. My very own office, all to myself.

So it's convenient I don't have to share, my supervisor blocked my only window into the hall with paper so I can pump in there. Kind of sucks I can't see outside at all, but I suppose the trade-off of having my privacy is worth it in the long run.

I brought in a few pictures of Taryn, and I'll be steadily bringing more until the room is full of her beautiful smile. And it's so nice to know that I can go home at lunch to see her, and nurse, and cuddle. It breaks up the long stretch of work to make my day bearable.

And it's nice to have adults to talk to, and to have my girl there to discuss all the development and milestones, feeding and poop and pumping, pretty much everythign new mothers can think of, and seeing her there so strong even though she had to leave her son months before I did, it kind of gives me strength to know that I'll make it. And of course if I need a shoulder to cry on, I know she'll be there for me too.

So all in all, it went well today. I still have that nagging urge to somehow make a million overnight to stay home with her, but I'm realistically grounded in the present and dedicated to making this as easy for Taryn, and myself, as possible.

No comments: