May 30, 2007

'Nother Flashback

I saw an ex- at Safeway last night when T-Boog and I stopped to pick up some oatmeal (for cookies), shortening (for Tere's birthday) and yogurt (For T-Boog, ya'll knwo I dont have money for me!). I only mention this because this is one of the few times I went to Safeway with a list, and only bought what was on it. Yay me!

So anyway this guy was more of a non-sexual, friendship that turned into a quasi-dating situation until I realized he was entirely too young for me (the only guy I've ever "dated" who was younger) and we called it quits but stayed friends. I'd seen him over the years, but not for the past few, since P and I bought the condo. Which I always thought was odd, since it is right down the street from where he used to live. But evidently he shacked up with an older woman (14 years older, I think), bought a house, had a kid, then split up.

Now he's got full custody of his son who is just a bit older than T-Boog, and goes to bible study during the week. It's a trip how some things change, you know?

But I asked P if he would have a problem with me bringing T-Boog to go play with his kid, and he sort-of flipped out. And I guess as a woman, a wife, and a mother, I am very aware of how men react to all those labels, and honestly, most don't think that's hot. So I hadn't tripped off the fact that maybe he would feel threatened, but I guess he did because the first thing out of his mouth is some dumb-ass comment like, "Can I bring my ex over to play too?"

Okay, whatever.

Anyway, I don't see what the big deal is. Why shouldn't T-Boog have more friends? Maybe I'm just not the jealous type for not seeing the issue, or maybe I just trust him. Regardless, I'm sure this won't be the last time something like this comes up. T-Boog is bound to go to school with another person from my past eventually, seeing as we live in the town I grew up in, and so many people don't ever seem to leave this place.

It was kind of cool to see him. I'm happy he seems to be doing better than the last time we saw each other. I guess sometimes it just takes people a while to get their shit together.

1 comment:

laura b. said...

I just happened across your blog and you are very funny :-) Keep on writing.