August 26, 2007

Completely and Utterly Fucked Up

I wish from the bottom of my heart that I could blog about an incident that occurred today, but I think that if it gets out, he will never be forgiven.

Steps are being taken to stop P's alcohol consumption, because he is out of control. I know I'm inviting questions by even posting this, but I appreciate your understanding that I need to get some of this out, and I don't want to answer questions.

I never thought it would happen. I'm heart-broken that it did, because it can never be taken back. It's one of those things that will forever taint my view of him, and if it ever happens again, I will face being a single mother, because I'm not having it. I told him to leave today, but I did let him come back on the condition that he stops drinking.

My initial suggestion was to drink in moderation, but I realize that's not an option for an alcoholic. He's tried that, and once he starts, he can't stop. It's peaking now with the black-outs, not remembering the fight at Maya's, not remembering the horrific incident this morning, it's got to stop.

Support and suggestions are welcome. I don't know what to do right now.

No comments: