August 27, 2007

I'm SO Cool

Have I mentioned before the hideous painted-gold three-light monstrosity hanging from the ceiling in my living room?

No? Well, let me elaborate... It came with the house, and it's ugly as dirt.

Aside from the fact that every single fixture in this either silver or brushed nickel, and I can't wrap my mind around the thought process to put a cheap-ass GOLD colored hanging light in the room we spend *almost* most of our time in.

But they did.

And now... it's gone.

I bought this beautiful ceiling fan a few weeks ago at Home Depot, and I was being all Damsel in Distress about putting it up. I had requested assistance from a few different men, but none seemed to have the time to get it done, so I said, fuck it. I put it up, just me and T-Boogie while P was picking up the Nanny at the airport.

And I was thisclose to being finished, and I realized I'm missing a piece. It's not a huge deal, but it's supposed to hold the frosted glass over the lights, which are under the fan blades, so I need to go order it soon so I can take a picture and post it on here.

I probably should have taken a "before" shot, but I don't want any reminders about how stupidly hellacious that other light is, so, you'll just see the beauty, and you will be impressed, I promise.

Soon

No comments: