September 30, 2007

AWESOME

We went to see Mana on Friday night, and it was the most incredible concert I've been too. That could not mean much, considering I haven't been to all that many, but the vibe of the crowd was like nothing I've been around before.

The effects were amazing, there was fire and water, images of butterflies and trees, and inspirational messages that made it okay to seek help. It was really incredible.

There was some drama, of course. A woman said she was grabbed inappropriately, and when P and I were in line for beer, we ended up with the last two (really four, heh) liter bottles. There were probably 30 people in line behind us, and the called the police over to stop any fights that broke out when they announced that the one person behind us would be the last to get anything.

It was funny though, because all the songs were in Spanish I didn't understand much, but the music was still amazing. I knew most of them from what P had played at home, and some I knew well enough to sing along to, but some I didn't know at all but I could feel the meaning.

All in all, a bit stressful to get to it, but it was so worth the trouble.

No comments: