September 21, 2007

Month Fifteen

I'm going to blame it on the fact that I'm a new mom that I just realized that rather than telling you about your fifteenth month, I'm really telling you about your fourteenth now, right? Or not?

You just pooped in the potty again. Is it weird that I'm proud of that? And an amazing discovery we made today is that you like ranch on your pizza. I didn't even know you like pizza, at least you don't care for the one I give you, only what Papa has. But you two were eating pizza for dinner tonight, and you stretched your hand up to your Papa and made your "a-yayayaya" sound. So he lowered his hand, and you wiped your piece of pizza across the top of his, covering the tops of all 5 fingers in ranch dressing, then popped it into your mouth. And you chewed with a wonderful happy smile on your face while you licked the ranch off your fingers. Papa's Girl.

Most kids' first words are something cute like "doggy" or "kitty" and of course Mama and Dada. And while you say those two adorable nicknames, and can sign kitty and can bark like a doggy your first real word? "Cheese." Need I say more?

I wish I could say we've had an exciting September, but really? It's been mostly sick time spent lying around reading books, watching movies and sticking any type of edible product into your mouth to see if you'll actually eat. In the past three months you grew 1.5 inches, but only gained 3oz. And now, Papa and I need to see a nutritionist, partly so our insurance can bill for extra appointments, partly I guess to make sure we're not starving you into model material. Because! This Monday you have an interview with Marla Dell Talent. And I'm praying you get a contract so I can stop stressing for a while about your college savings account that hasn't had a deposit since I opened it. Three months ago. But we're making daily deposits in the bank of LOVE. That's what really counts.

Love bug, my wish for you is that you have enough saved and earned to not leave college with a huge debt and a worthless degree, and second-guess your decision to go. I might be projecting a bit, but it's a crap situation to be in, and I hope you don't end up like Mama did.

I know I'm forgetting something, but I've been sick too and my brain is all foggy-like. But I do have fond memories of this month with you snuggling with us for hours, sleeping in the bed late on a Sunday morning when we're all sick and drippy, asking for sips of tea and eating peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I love how you nuzzle our necks when you're extra tired and how you wake up at 4am to nurse, and then sleep in until 8. I love seeing you in cutie-pie footie PJs that are fit for your age, but you're so small we have to roll up the sleeves and ankles so you can still play, and how you chase the cat around the house and pick her up by her neck, and you are so excited that she's too old to run away from you.

Papa has had a hard month, but you are always quick to give out hugs and kisses when they are needed most, and it's those special fleeting moments that make me love being a mom more than anything else in the world.

I love you.
Mama

No comments: