September 21, 2007

The Nasty End of the Flu

I hate to complain (yeah! right!) but have you ever noticed that the end of the flu is the grossest? I mean, sure, you feel worse the first two weeks, and the last week or so is uncomfortable, but it is also the time when you are the most ... um ... drippy?

I won't describe to you the rainbow of colors that my mucos has been the last two days, but suffice to say most of the colors of the walls in my house? Perfect match.

But the good news is that I am finally on the mend. And better news is that Boogie is feeling much better than I am. She's got a snotty nose also but it doesn't seem to bother her too much, more like a liquidy salt-lick to occupy her idle hours....

You may notice that I didn't get around to her monthly letter yesterday, but I will today. I popped a Tylenol PM at around 7 last night and slept like I didn't have a baby until the 4am feeding. Then miraculously fell right back asleep until my alarm went off for the third time at 6 am. I don't remember turing it off the first two times though, oops.

And good news too, is that P has been really backing me up these two weeks since I've been sick. He's had a lot to do as well, preparing for interviews and such, but he's been awesome about letting me pass-out on the couch while he cooks dinner and feeds Boogie, wakes me up by putting food in front of my face so I can get enough energy for bathtime, and then doing a man-cleaning of the kitchen since I've been going to sleep around 7:30 at night.

I'd probably feel better if he did all that dressed like a fireman, but I can't complain too much. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of which...

Are you going to the firehouse's OPEN HOUSE in October????!!! :)

I know I am!