October 11, 2007

Completely KaPut

Since my phone met with a sugary, watery end a couple weeks ago, I've been trying desperately to revive it, but to no long-lasting avail. This was the first, and last, phone that I ever paid for. And I'm not talking the $29.99 after rebate. This POS cost me like $99, and didn't even last a year. FN-PO-Cingular-S!

I thought I'd be smart and just change out the SIM card, so P went and found me a Blackberry, but failed to mention after my crazy-woman excitement that it was a T-Mobil phone. DOH!

Then I borrowed one from La Fricy but I didn't copy my numbers to the SIM, and I'm just slow with new phones, aside from the fact that every time I look at it, it makes some funny sound, so I chucked it back in my bag in case of an emergency since I could receive calls on my phone, I just couldn't make any.

On the recommendation of a nerdy friend of mine, I wrapped it up in a sock and a kitchen towel, rubberbanded the sucker tight, and threw it in the dryer for 35 minutes. It was supposed to dry out the yucky, and I got a few extra days out of the up/down part of the keypad, but now, it's utterly, and finally dead.

My only hope now is that I can revive it one last time for a couple of minutes so that I can copy my phone book onto the SIM. Otherwise, I'm screwed.

No comments: