October 16, 2007

Shoe Presents

Taryn had a rough time last night, she was up almost every hour screaming in agony from her God-forsaken canines that haven't cut after two weeks of misery. She's also going through a growth spurt which is aggravating the whole issue because she's ravenous 24 hours a day, but she doesn't want to chew on her tender gums.

Last night around 3am it all came to head. P and I were frustrated and snapping at each other because Motrin, teething tablets, snuggles, bottles, nothing was helping her to calm down and sleep, the dogs were whining for their bones and we were both already exhausted from a long, busy weekend.

So waking up this morning I felt like I needed a little bit of sexy to get me through the day. I decided to go professional at work today, and do the under-wraps-make-me-feel-better tricks, you know, the matching black lace and knee-high boots.

*wink wink*

But when I got out to the car, I felt something weird going on with my boots. I thought at first maybe my socks just bunched up at the toe, but I wasn't wearing bunch-able socks. And then I freaked because I thought "Holy Shit! What if there is a tarantula hiding out in the toe of my shoe? I'm going to get bit and die, becasue nobody wakes up this early in the morning to go to work, and by the time the 8am crowd comes out, I'll be dead..."

So in my usual Lady-like fashion, I stuck my leg out the side of my car at the stop light, unzipped my boot and tipped it upside-down.

And out tumbled about seven raisins.

At first I didn't know what they were, I thought maybe a giant rat had pooped in my shoe, but I figured I would have seen it, if that were the case. So I opened the door and picked one up, and a manical laugh escaped my angry, pursed lips.

This is exactly the reason I love being a Mama.

When I'm angry and frustrated and tired, Boogie can always make me smile. Even while she's miles away in a deep sleep while I'm cold and tired on my way to work, she brightens my day and gives me something to smile at.

No comments: